Thursday, March 13, 2014

From the Journal of Dynuos, a cooking Elf.


Avrile 36, 2356

         Today we have the Festival of  Easanna, the celebration of the waterfalls. It is one of the major festivals in Foraoise so us cooks are preparing all the food for the celebration tonight. Because it is such a big deal, we have to cook a lot of food! Three course meal... Hors D'oeuvre... Desserts... This is only my second big event so I'm a little nervous about messing something up. But Anotia assured me I will be ok. She has been a cooking elf for a year now, so she has a lot of experience with celebrations. I'm in charge of making a desserts. I think I am going to try out one of my favorite recipes that I created. Chocolate Water Lilac Pie. The water lilacs can only be found on the banks of waterfalls. I have to make ten whole pies though! I'm used to only making food for my village! It's going to be a lot of work... But we are all going to work together to create a masterpiece!

         The celebration is going to be held at Ailleacht Sa Dtagann (Beauty in the Falls). It's the most beautiful waterfall in Foraoise Draiochta as well as the most celebrated. I'm going with Vesatia, our first date! A beautiful place for a first date. Hopefully I won't be so stressed about the food. The festival is to include dancing, a big dinner (cooked by us!), music, and fall games. I'm very excited! Easanna Festival is my favorite and I'm happy to be able to be a part of it this year!


         Well it's time to go make pies... 

Ailleacht Sa Dtagann
As depicted by Therios, a painting elf









Julion 08, 2356

        Today Vesatia and I went to Na Lilac Corcra for lunch. It is such a relaxing place and there are always so many different things to see. Today we saw an elf with his five puffles pulling him around! It was hysterical. He was trying to control all of them but they were all pulling in different directions. They just wanted to play with a group of pixies nearby.  After watching them for a bit, we had a nice lunch of pastries and sandwiches, which I of course made! Vesatia loved it all and wants to learn how to bake pastries. 

        We then took a stroll around the relaxing meadow. It is always seems so peaceful, no matter how many elves and puffles and pixies are about. The smell of the lilacs made us sleepy and serene, so we sat under a lilac bush and just watched passerby in the late afternoon sun. Na Lilac Corcra is my favorite meadow and I'm glad Vesatia and I got to spend some time there together!
Picture from Na Lilac Corcra


Siptimberion 25, 2356

         I had a long day at work today...
        
         It started off with the boss getting mad at Anotia and I for not making the breakfast pancakes fast enough. We were trying our hardest! But everyone kept telling us different instructions and we were getting really confused. Once we finally made and efficient number of chocolate chip cherry, blueberry, and cinnamon roll pancakes, we had to make the syrup... Anotia was in charge of the Icing Syrup and I had to make the Chocolate Cherry Delight Syrup. I accidentally added one too many chocolate chips and it totally threw off the consistency of the syrup. I was so angry with myself but I just had to roll with the puffle punches and go with the pixie dust flow.Of course though, elves have to be SO. PICKY. They all complained how the syrup was just slightly too thick and the boss got really angry with me. But oh well. We eventually got it all figured out.

        Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

My Chocolate Chip Cherry Pancakes


No comments:

Post a Comment